2.26.2012

TMI = overstimulation

I find myself battling all these ideas and images in my mind not knowing where to start or which thread to follow...  Even though it is a life long struggle for me to find FOCUS I seem to thrive on my chaotic brain chatter

For the first time ever I am trying to attain a CPA to do my yearly taxes - I am stubborn and even though it is like pulling teeth I do my own business and personal taxes every year. Hoping not to this year - it takes so much time away from making work! 

I saw these steel beads that were only a couple of dollars a piece but a great design - I'm interested in seeing if i can make something similar out of Sterling 


When I was making dinner 
I noticed how beautiful the very center of the sections of leeks were! 


For the first time ever I am trying to attain a CPA to do my yearly taxes - I am stubborn and even though it is like pulling teeth I do my own business and personal taxes every year. Hoping not to this year - it takes so much time away from making work! 

This week I spent hours researching and compiling supply orders - I was out of almost everything - AND I ordered some new materials to try mostly for this one earring design which I came up with last week - 
i cut bottom design out of paper about 4 times before i was satisfied with shape and size
Normally I use Sterling for everything, but don't want the earrings to be heavy and even if large are still very comfortable to WeAR. 
I cut out the design in Aluminum but that didn't look quite right. So i ordered some Titanium and a few other options to try out. I am excited about this idea - hope it works out this week! 

What I actually finished this week 

The piece for show at Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts - 20 years of the Artist in Residency program - I was fortunate enough to be a resident in 2002-2003
http://www.arrowmont.org/artists-in-residence


on my plate for this week 

1. wedding band - first one came out perfect first try - it's mate is on the third try! 

2. custom bracelet - still haven't gotten to that

3. custom piece for spiritual purposes 

4. still need work to fill an order 

As in Life and Art; there is always a challenge and a lesson to be learned - Here's to learning something this week!




No comments:

Post a Comment